Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Day 1 in Osaka

Wow! Finally touch down in Osaka Kansai airport after a six hour flight. Really cold the moment I stepped off from the plane. It's close to 11 degrees although the temperatures are expected to drop to 6 degrees in the night and in the early morning. As it is only 835am in the morning, there is hardly a very long queue at the customs and it took us less than half an hour to clear through the customs and get our luggage.

We locked up our luggage in a coin operated locker and then we are off to Rinku Town (a shopping mall with all the branded goods at factory outlet prices) which is a 15 mins train ride from Kansai airport. We took the JR train which is very fast and clean. The rail cuts across a wide expanse of sea and its just amazing fast and comfortable. We notice that before we board the train, the seats inside the train will be automatically "reversed" so that every passenger will be facing the front of the train and this will be done again once the train reaches the terminal station at the end of the journey.




This is Rinku Town. Very nice place and the best thing is it's not crowded being so early in the morning.


I was more of window shopping then doing any serious shopping here though and after wondering around the mall for about 2 hours, I decided to call it a day and make my way back to Kansai airport for my lunch. I was really hungry when I sat down and ordered my lunch and I really can't wait to eat them. Me and my colleague ordered a set each. I had sashimi set which is really very fresh and yummy.


My colleague had the sushi udon set.


Really enjoyed the lunch and I am really looking forward to the next few days ahead....:P

6 comments:

Chart Smart said...

Nice blog :)

Happy Food Happy Thots said...

Hi Teri
Thanks for visiting my blog. Do drop by again. :)

Unknown said...

wah so nice got so many delicious japanese sushi and dishes...enjoy your trip:)

Happy Food Happy Thots said...

Thanks! More food photos to come....:)

Sue Sue said...

Wow so nice can go Japan. I hope I can go there leh. Nice food ya, I love the sashimi so much.

Happy Food Happy Thots said...

haha....yup I m very happy to go Japan as I love japanese food. Everything is nice, ramen, soba, udon, sushi, sashimi, okonomiyaki, bread, cakes, parfait......haha....my poor stomach, got to digest so much food :)