Friday, November 27, 2009

Cookies Mania


My two favourite cookies of all time..Chocolate Oat Cookies and Chocolate Chips cookies. Planning to bake them for my friends during Christmas and wanted to try out the recipe before I make a bigger batch. So that's how I started baking them now.

The chocolate chips cookies is from my trial and tested recipe. Chocolate oat cookies is my 1st attempt but they turned out pretty good and it has a chewy texture to it. My mum like this better as it is a softer cookies and less harsh on her teeth. :)

Chocolate Oat Cookies (makes about 20 big cookies)
Ingredients
90g butter
70g caster sugar (I used brown sugar to give it a more brown coloured look)
1 egg, beaten
80g Cake flour
1/4 tsp baking powder and baking soda each
40g chocolate bits or chocolate chips
90g rolled oats

Method
1. Cut butter into small cubes.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda onto a bowl. Set aside for later use.
3. Using a hand held beater, cream the sugar with butter till sugar is completely blended into butter.
4. Add beaten egg in 3 portions and continue to cream till egg is completely used up.
5. Fold in the sift flour/baking powder/baking soda in in 2 to 3 batches using metal spoon.
6. Line baking tray with baking paper.
7. Drop spoonful of the mixture on the baking tray, making sure to leave adequate space in between (This is to ensure your cookies don't stick together after baking).
8. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins till it is golden brown. Remove from tray. Cool and store in airtight containers.

No comments: