Saturday, July 26, 2008

Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies


Just got a book on cookies from the library recently and was inspired to try making some of them inside the book. What is great about this book is that it has a pictorial step by step section showing how to go about doing all the steps so for an amateur like me who seldom make cookies, this book really motivated me to give those cookies a try....:) although it is in chinese so I had some problem understanding what are some of the ingredients on the recipes....:(

Anyhow, I decided to try my hand at the walnut chocolate cookies which looks simple enough. I was quite happy with the end results since most of the cookies turn out almost the same size. It would seem that the effort to roll them into small little balls before placing them on the baking sheet does help to ensure the size does not differ too much. Don't forget to ensure there is sufficient space in between as the biscuit does expand quite a fair bit. My nieces and nephew are the happy recipients of these cookies and they immediately polish off 8 pieces at one go......I am glad they turn out well enough and it does gives me some additional confidence to try more cookies in the days to come....:)

No comments: