Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tofu Chicken Rice Burger

<
I was browsing through the various food blogs the other day and came across the Prawn Cutlet Rice Burger recipe on wokkingmum's blog (http:wokkingmum.blogspot.com). I have always been a fan of MOS rice burger (Kakiage Rice Burger my favourite) and wokkingmum really convince me that it is actually "do-able" in your own kitchen. :p

I make some changes to the recipe though.....I make a tofu chicken patty instead and I used short-grain rice as they tend to be more sticky than normal white rice so it is actually much easier to do up the round rice patties. I also brushed the rice patties with soy sauce on both sides before I pan fried them in the saucepan. The rice patties turned out slightly crunchy and the soy sauce give the rice patties a more flavourful taste as well.

Tofu Chicken Rice Burger

Ingredients for Chicken Tofu
25g carrot, chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
140g minced chicken
200g tofu (coarser, solid tofu to be used)
½ egg, beaten
1 tblsp breadcrumbs
1 tblsp plain flour
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tblsp vegetable oil

Method
1. Finely chop the carrot and spring onions. Can use a blender if prefer a smoother paste.
2. Add chicken, tofu, egg, breadcrumbs, flour, salt, pepper and mix/blend till well mixed.
3. Divide mixture into 4 portions and shape into round patties (I used a 7-8cm round cookie cutter to help me shape them more nicely).
4. Heat oil in saucepan and pan fry over low heat for 8 minutes until each side is browned.

Ingredients for Rice Patties

Uncooked Short-grained rice - 2 cups
Water
Soy sauce

Method
1. Cook the short-grained rice the usual manner for normal rice.
2. Once cooked, divide them into 8 equal portions.
3. Place the round cookie cutter on a wet chopping board. Scoop enough rice into the cookie cutter and press down using a metal spoon.
4. Remove cookie cutter and reshape further using wet hands.
5. Brush on soy sauce and place the rice patty on a flat frying pan over low heat until slightly crispy on both sides.
6. Place chicken tofu patty in between 2 rice patties with lettuce, sliced tomato, mayonnaise and chilli sauce. Serve hot.

No comments: