Saturday, November 3, 2007

Cranberry & Chocolate Chip Muffins


I was browsing through my stack of cookbooks and recipe books when I stumble across my old Home Economics textbook which I used way back in my secondary school days. As I flip through the book, i came across a muffin recipe which I used to like when it was taught during one of my lessons. Memories of the muffins we used to bake came back and I decide to "revive" the recipe. *LOL* The original recipe calls for raisins. I added cranberry in one batch and chocolate chips in another and they taste just as good. Folks at home like it cos it is just the right consistency, not too moist or dry and most importantly it is not too sweet.

Cranberry/Chocolate Chip Muffins
(makes about 10-11 muffins)

Ingredients
200g plain flour
150g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
150g butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g sweetened dried cranberry/100g chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk to mix

Method
1. Sift flour and baking powder.
2. Cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer till light and fluffy.
3. Add in beaten egg gradually and continue to cream.
4. Fold in the flour n cranberry (or chocolate chips if baking the chocolate chip muffins) using a metal spoon.
5. Add sufficient milk to form a soft dropping consistency.
6. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full with the batter and bake on 200C oven for 15mins.
7. Cool baked muffins on trays and stored them in air tight containers.

No comments: