Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ham Pasta Salad


I have not been cooking for the past few weeks. Finally decided to cook something simple for tomorrow so that I don't have to get out of office in the wet weather just to get lunch. It has been raining almost everyday and it can be quite a hassle to go out into the wet. As I don't have much ingredients at home, the simplest thing I can think of is to cook pasta. I have always been a fan of pasta salad and so here it is.

Ham Pasta Salad
Ingredients
Pasta of your choice (I use spiral pasta)
Ham, cut into cubes (I use Gourmet brand Chix n Ham roll)
Green pepper, cut into cubes
Cherry or honey tomatoes
2 tblsp mayonnaise
1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tblsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp mustard

Method
1. Boil pasta till al dente.
2. Drain and run under tap water. Set aside for use later.
3. In a big bowl, mix mayo, olive oil, vinegar, mustard together.
4. Add ham, pepper and cherry/honey tomatoes to cooked pasta.
5. Toast them together with the sauce in step 3.
6. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving or eating.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so refreshing.I don't have patient to make salad.How nice if there is someone make one for me!:)

Happy Food Happy Thots said...

Yes, it is a refreshing change from the usual rice n noodles for lunch. Most importantly they are very easy to put together. You should give it a try too! :)