Friday, November 16, 2007

Black Pepper Chicken Bento 161107


Hooray! Finally got down to cooking and packing my first bento after "hanging" up my pots and pans for weeks. Hahaha. Since I have not been cooking for ages, I thought I had better stick with a simple bento. Black pepper chicken stir fried with green pepper is a breeze to prepare with ready mix black pepper sauce. I am a big fan of those ready to use sauces as they are such a great help in coming out with nice and decent looking meals without having to spend too much time preparing the ingredients from scratch. However, I am always conscious not to use too much or too often because of the high salt content in most of these sauces. In any case, this is a good sauce and the green pepper really enhance the taste of the black pepper. I will definitely do more of this..........:)

Black Pepper Chicken Stir Fry with Green Pepper
Ingredients
1 pc chicken breast (you can use other chicken parts) cut into cubes
Half a green pepper cut into cubes
1 tblsp black pepper sauce (I use NTUC brand)
1 tblsp water
Cooking oil

Method
1. Heat oil in non-stick pan.
2. Stir fry green pepper and chicken until chicken is almost cooked.
3. Add black pepper sauce and water and continue to stir fry till sauce starts to boil.
4. Remove from heat and serve hot over a plate of white rice.

No comments: